- This Saturday is the Green & Growing Fair at Garfield Conservatory. The winner of One Seed Chicago will be announced! One Seed Chicago’s website says: “The fair runs from 10:00am – 2:00pm. Garden activities for kids, demos, green & sustainable vendors, plant seedlings for sale, food, music and garden fun for the whole family!” Free admission.
- This weekend is also the Midwest Daffodil Society Show at Chicago Botanic Garden. Saturday April 30, noon – 4:30 p.m. and Sunday May 1, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday is mulch day at the Wicker Park proper. Here’s the info as posted by Alisa over at streetsofwicker.blogspot.com:
Registration Required at email@example.com, sign in When You Arrive on Saturday, April 30 – 9am-1pm. Wicker Park – 1425 N. Damen. Mulch the trees in the Park, Learn the basics of mulching for good tree health and give back to your neighborhood park.
Bring Gloves; Wear Closed Toed Shoes and Cloths that can Get Dirty.
- AND another opportunity to get dirty: “Chicago Together – Day of Service 2011” is coming up on Saturday May 14th from 9am – 12pm. Reserve your spot on their website. Lots of sites around the city to volunteer doing clean up, garden prep, etc.
- Planning ahead: World Fair Trade Day – Daley Plaza, May 6th; GreenFestival – McCormick Place, May 14th-15th; Muscoda Morel Mushroom Festival – Muscoda, WI, May 14th-15th
Do you know of a Chicagoland gardening or green related event? Leave a message or comment and I’ll add it to the next edition of Seedlings.